We are Hiring!7 September, 2021
Head of Lending Vacancy – New Ross Credit Union Limited
New Ross Credit Union Ltd is proud to serve over 26,500 Members in both New Ross, Bunclody & Ramsgrange with €140 million of assets under management. We are currently recruiting for the position of Head of Lending to join the Credit Union. This full-time and permanent position reports directly to the CEO.
The Head of Lending will be key in the responsibility for the day-to-day Operations of the lending department and managing the team within the lending department on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of corporate governance with legal, regulatory, and organisational policies.
The Head of Lending will be a key member of the Management Team.
Reporting to the CEO the Head of Lending will primarily be responsible for the strong asset quality in the credit unions existing loan book and future lending. The Head of Lending will be responsible for all aspects of the member’s loan experience, underwriting and will be tasked with exploring opportunities for New Ross Credit Union to diversify its lending base by evolving the credit risk appetite of the credit union. The Head of Lending will be required to lead the department and the team to ensure the highest standard of member satisfaction, while growing New Ross Credit Unions market share and working with the Management Team to achieve New Ross Credit Unions strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Oversee and lead the lending function including management of the Lending Officers on the team.
- Work with the Credit Committee and Board to develop a strategically effective credit policy.
- Assess and approve loans in accordance with the regulations and Credit Policy.
- Ensure the appropriate credit policies, systems, procedures and practices are operating efficiently and effectively
- Ensure compliance of the overall lending function within the parameters of the Credit policy, risk appetite and regulations
- Review the loan portfolio regularly to identify emerging risks, trends, or opportunities for growth
- To undertake reviews of the Credit Policy to keep it in line with evolving lending trends.
- Lead the team to ensure strong relationships are built with members and that best-in-class service is maintained
- Ensure Lending Officers perform their duties to the highest standard and receive adequate and relevant training
- Day to day management of the lending team and management of the performance management and development of the team members
- Handle and respond to member feedback, complete detailed analysis or investigation and ensure the timely resolution of member queries
- Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement exists to deliver effective service within the appropriate risk appetite
- Develop an understanding of our members needs and their behaviours, to support the marketing team
- Engage with and provide feedback to the marketing team on the member trends and characteristics to support an effecting marketing approach
- Identify and promote new lending opportunities in a manner that is consistent with the credit unions strategic and risk management objectives
- Develop new lending products, (e.g. Mortgages, SME, Agri) prepare analysis and business cases for approval that is in line with the strategic goals of the New Ross Credit Union
- Report to the CEO on lending activities
- Provide support and relevant reports to the Credit Committee and prepare the written monthly Credit Committee Report to the Board of Directors
- In conjunction with the CEO and the Credit Committee analyse the performance of all loan products to ensure they are meeting their targeted revenue and margin goals
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum QFA qualification (or APA Loans designation)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a result driven, lending role.
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience
- Experience of working in a Credit Union or Financial Services Provider is desirable
- Ability to assess, critically evaluate and interpret complex information and to identify key credit risk drivers
- Strong credit analysis and credit underwriting experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Financial and computer literacy
- Ability to work on his / her own initiative to deliver agreed targets
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise
This position will be a full-time position and will be subject to a minimum probationary period of 6 months. Travel between branches may be required.
The position is a Controlled Function for Fitness and Probity under the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (Sections 20 & 22 – Credit Unions) Regulations 2013.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications & experience.
The position involves working 35 hours per week based over Monday to Saturday. This position will involve working Saturdays. The rostered day off is subject to variation.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be completed based on the information provided in the application.
New Ross Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
New Ross Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Applications in writing to be sent to
CEO, New Ross Credit Union Ltd, 26 South Street, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Y34 CH76. or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Ross Credit Union’s Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at: www.nrcu.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 20th September 2021