ONLINE SERVICES PRIVACY NOTICE
NEW ROSS CREDIT UNION (NRCU)
Personal data we collect
We collect certain personal data when you:
• register to use our services
• sign up for membership digitally through any online platforms
• upload documentation electronically
• avail of our services provided
• carry out electronic transactions
• contact us via our online platforms
We will collect some or all of the following information depending on your use of our online platforms:
• name, address, date of birth, email, telephone numbers, accommodation type, residency details, nationality, gender, marital status, PPSN, family member details, employment details, beneficial ownership details, PEP status, tax residency details, marketing preferences, nominee details, financial information, transaction details, ID verification documentation details, photo, device details, location data.
What is our legal basis for using your personal data?
We must have a legal basis for using your personal data, these are as follows:
• Legal obligation – in certain cases we have a legal responsibility to collect and store your data. Eg. under anti-money laundering legislation, we must store things like proof of ID and proof of address.
• Performance of a contract – during membership application process and when you become a member, we must collect certain data to provide our services.
• Legitimate interests – we sometimes collect and use your personal data because we have a legitimate reason to use it and this is reasonable when balanced against your right to privacy. Eg. when assessing eligibility for loan applications and determining creditworthiness.
• Consent – we rely on your consent for certain processes such as when you indicate that you consent to receive marketing information.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for some or all of the following, depending on your use of our online services:
• To process your application to join NRCU.
• Administering your account and the services we provide to you,
• Verifying your identity and the information you provide to us,
New Ross Credit Union Ltd
• Facilitating the provision of additional products and services such as loans,
• Assessing eligibility for loan applications and determining creditworthiness,
• Assessing how we can improve the products and services we provide to you with and future services which may be of interest,
• Meeting legal and regulatory compliance obligations and requirements under the Rules of NRCU,
• For providing updates about our services by way of direct marketing where you have opted in to receive such updates, and
• Obtaining information about your general use of our website.
How do we protect your personal data?
We use a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your personal data safe and prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems with control over access to information using both physical and electronic means. Our staff receive data protection and information security training. We have detailed security and data protection policies which staff are required to follow when they handle your personal data.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will generally keep your personal data for seven years after our relationship with you ends or such period as may be required by applicable laws. We may keep your personal data for longer because of a potential or ongoing court claim or another legal reason.
Do we share your personal data with anyone?
We may share your personal data as required with regulatory bodies (eg. the Central Bank) or with law enforcement agencies.
We may share your information with third party agents or subcontractors who work on our behalf and provide us with expertise or assistance in such areas as legal, compliance, auditors, credit agencies, IT or insurance. We have contracts in place with these agents or subcontracts to ensure the protection and security of your personal data. Where we outsource the processing of personal data, we do so under a Data Processing Agreement.
Your privacy rights
You have a number of rights regarding the processing of your personal data, these are:
• You have the right to be told about how we use your personal data and for copies of any data we hold in relation to you.
• You can ask us to correct your personal data if you think it’s wrong.
• You can ask us to delete your personal data.
• You can object to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
• You can object to us processing other personal data (if we are using it for legitimate interests)
• You can ask us to restrict how we use your personal data.
• You can ask us to transfer personal data to you.
• You can withdraw your consent.
• You can ask us to carry out a human review of an automated decision we make about you.
New Ross Credit Union Ltd
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and some restrictions and limitations may apply.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which in Ireland is, the Data Protection Commission, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to our privacy notice and contact
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Notice, we will publish the revised version on our website.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions related to our Privacy Notice, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Updated July 2022