Please read these Terms and Conditions (“T & Cs”) carefully. They (together with the documents referred to in it) govern your access and use of our Website and services on it.
Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
Please read these T & Cs carefully before you start to use our site, as these will apply to your use of our site. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these T & Cs and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these T & Cs, you must not use our site.
1. New Ross Credit Union Limited (“We”) owns and operates this Website (*Website), and provides the services on and through it.
2. We are a credit union for the purposes of the Credit Union Act 1997 and are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Our Credit Union Registration Number is 49CU and our registered address is 26 South Street, New Ross, Co. Wexford.
These T & Cs
3. We provide and make available, and you use and access, the Website and services on it subject to these T&Cs, the Privacy Statement, our Cookies Policy and, where you register to use our services, our CU Online Term and Conditions. By browsing the Website, registering for CU Online or accessing or using CU Online or the Online Service, you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to these T & Cs, please do not use the Website.
4. If you register for CU Online or access or use CU Online or the Online Service, you agree to be bound by the CU Online T & Cs also.
5. These T & Cs are separate and supplemental to any other agreement between you and us in relation, for instance, to (i) any of your Accounts with us; (ii) any loan taken out by you from us; (iii) our CU Online T & Cs; (iv) our Privacy Statement – http://www.nrcu.ie/privacy-statement/, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate; and (v) our Cookies Policy – http://www.nrcu.ie/cookie-policy/, which sets out information about the cookies on our site ;all of which you are also bound by where applicable. Your access and use of the Website is always subject to these T & Cs.
6. We reserve the right to vary these T & Cs at any time by amending this page. If we do so, the updated T & Cs will be posted on the T & Cs page when the alteration is made. By using the Website after that, you agree to these revised T & Cs. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
7. None of these T & Cs will be interpreted so as to deprive you of any rights you may have under mandatory Irish law.
Use of our Website
8. This Website and all services on it are provided from Ireland. We do not represent that information or services on it are suitable for use or access from outside of Ireland.
9. You can use the Website for your personal use only.
10. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website or any services on it without notice. We are not liable if for any reason our Website or any services on it are unavailable at any time or for any period.
11. We can restrict access to some parts of our Website or services on it, or our entire Website, to users who have successfully registered with us for relevant services.
13. We may restrict you from linking to our Website if we consider that a link is prejudicial to our interests. You may link to the Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
14. While we may take precautions against security breaches, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and as such, you acknowledge that neither we nor third parties connected to us shall be liable for damages, costs or losses, that may result from interruption or interception of communications or unauthorized access or hacking. We cannot guarantee the privacy and security of such communications.
Information Purposes Only
15. The content of the Website is subject to change, will be updated from time to time without notice to you and is provided for information purposes only and is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents.
You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
16. Websites may be tampered with by unauthorised persons and, accordingly, you should view the information provided as indicative only and subject to confirmation by us.
17. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, its content and the Online Services, including the Website’s “look and feel” (collectively the “Content”). The Content is protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property laws (including laws related to trade marks, designs, data base rights, sui generis rights and other proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved.
18. You may not make alterations, copies, extractions, modifications, or additions to the Content, or sell, copy, distribute, disseminate or licence it, or misuse the Content in any way. If you want to re-publish, extract, reproduce, disseminate or otherwise use the Content, you must contact us in advance for written permission except if otherwise expressly provided in these T & Cs. This is without prejudice to any rights you may have under applicable mandatory law.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
19. If you breach either of clauses 17 or 18 your right to use our Website, CU Online and the Online Services ceases immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the Content you have made.
Third Party Websites
20. Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The linked websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents or actions of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such websites and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Improper use of our Website
22. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You may not use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it, its server, or the network(s) connected to the server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website and services on it.
23. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, in particular non-public areas, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website through hacking, password mining or any other means. You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
24. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
25. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available to you.
26. You may not frame, mirror, screen scrape or otherwise reproduce all or any part of the Website on any other site. Unless otherwise authorised in writing by us, you may not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of any website on our part.
27. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website or services on it will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken. In the event of illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website or services on it, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
28. We process information about you in accordance with our Privacy Statement which is available at http://www.nrcu.ie/privacy-statement/. By using our Website, you consent to such processing and you confirm that all data provided by you is accurate and up-to-date.
Liability – IMPORTANT – YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO THIS SECTION
29. Use of this Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of, viewing, access to, relying on or downloading from the Website and/or Content.
You agree that we are not liable for loss or damages arising out of your use, or your inability to use, this Website or any services through it. This Website and Content on it is provided on an “as is” basis and we make no undertaking, representation or warranty:
(i) regarding the completeness or accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any of the Website or Content;
(ii) that this Website, its server or the Content is free from defects, errors, viruses, bugs or other harmful elements;
(iii) in relation to availability and/or uninterrupted use of the Website or Content.
and we expressly disclaim all such conditions, warranties, representations, undertakings and other terms , whether express or implied, to the extent permitted by law.
31. To the extent permitted by law, we and/or any third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results from the use of the Website, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including, without limitation any liability for: (i) any loss of income, business, goodwill, revenue, profits, anticipated savings or contracts; (ii) any loss or corruption of data; (iii) any corruption or damage to equipment; or (iv) any other loss or damage of any kind whether foreseeable or not, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
32. Notwithstanding Clause 31 above, if we have any liability to you, it is in all cases limited in aggregate to one thousand euro (€1,000) only (except in the case of death or personal injury or for any other matter for which liability cannot be excluded or limited by law).
33. You are liable to us for any loss, damage or harm suffered or incurred by us as a result of your negligent, deliberate or reckless breach of these terms.
Events Beyond our Control
34. We are not in breach of these T & Cs or liable to you if there is any total or partial failure of performance of any of our duties and obligations resulting from any act or matter beyond our reasonable control. This may include where such results from any act of God, fire, act of government or state, war, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, inability to communicate with third parties for whatever reason, failure of any computer dealing or settlement system, failure of or delay in the transmission of communications, prevention from or hindrance in obtaining any energy or other supplies, labour disputes of whatever nature, late or mistaken payment by an agent or any other reason (whether or not similar in kind to any of the above) beyond our reasonable control.
35. You must send any formal notice referred to under these T & Cs to us by sending it in writing to our postal address, namely:
New Ross Credit Union Limited,
26 South Street,
36. Unless otherwise specified in these T & Cs, we may give notice to you by posting on the Website. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on the Website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address provided by the addressee.
37. If, at any time, any provision of these T & Cs is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these T & Cs (including the remainder of a provision where only part of it is or has become illegal, invalid or unenforceable).
38. The exercise by us of any of our rights under these T & Cs is without prejudice to any of our other rights and remedies. The provisions of these T & Cs may only be waived by either of us in writing by express reference to the provision in question. No delay, neglect or forbearance on the part of either of us in enforcing any provision of these T & Cs is a waiver, or in any way prejudices any right of us under these T & Cs. A waiver by either of us of any breach of any of the provisions of these T & Cs does not constitute a general waiver of such provision or of any subsequent act contrary to it.
39. These T & Cs are personal to you and may not be transferred or assigned by you to anyone else.
40. We may assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of all or any of our rights or obligations under these T & Cs, in whole or in part.
41. Subject to clause 5, these T & Cs represent the entire understanding of the parties concerning their subject matter and override and supersede all prior agreements concerning it (whether written, oral or implied) which are hereby revoked by our mutual consent. Neither of us has relied upon, or has any remedies in respect of, any representations, undertaking or promise except those set out in these T & Cs. This does not exclude any liability for fraud and/or fraudulent misrepresentations.
42. The laws of Ireland apply to the T & Cs (and any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with them) and the courts of Ireland have jurisdiction in connection with the T & Cs and all such matters and disputes.
Definitions and Interpretation
42. The masculine gender includes the feminine and neuter and the singular number include the plural and vice versa and words importing persons include firms or companies. The section headings to the provisions are inserted for convenience of reference only and are not a part of, and do not or affect the construction or interpretation of, the T & Cs.
43. The “T & Cs” means the T & Cs set out in this document, and such other T & Cs as may be added to or substituted for them from time to time pursuant to these T & Cs. “You” means the person accessing or using the Website. Otherwise, “we” and any capitalised T & Cs which are not defined in these T & Cs have the meaning given to them in the CU Online T & Cs which are available on www.nrcu.ie.
44. If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com